SERVES: 10 puries TIME: 30 Minutes
CRISPY MASALA PURI INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp sesame seed
- 1 1/2 tbsp oil
- Salt for tast
- 3/4 cup Water
- Oil for deep frying
CRISPY MASALA PURI METHOD:
- Take whole wheat flour in a bowl.
- Add all dry spices and salt, sesame seeds and add them in the flour.
- Add warm oil .
- Mix well. Rub the flour between your palms properly.
- Knead a tight dough using water. Add water step by step and knead well for 4 minutes.
- Keep it aside for 20 minutes.
- Divide the masala puri dough into 10 equal parts.
- Roll the puri into circle.
- Pork them using knife.
- Heat the oil in a deep kadai.
- Flip them in between for some time.
- When it starts to get fried brown color on crust take it out.
- Store them into air tight container.
- Enjoy this crispy masala puri with tea or coffee.
- Do not roll the puries thin. If they are thin then it will get hard.
- For crispy and flaky puri , puri should be enough thick
Click to view my Instagram account : @kavita_manoj
SERVES: 4 people TIME: 20 Minutes
YELLOW DHOKLA INGREDIENTS:
- 1 1/2 cups besan (gram flour)
- 1 1/2 tbsp semolina (rava)
- 4 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp ginger-green chilli paste
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Eno
- 3 tsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- A pinch of asafoetida
- 2 to 3 curry leaves
- 1 tsp chopped green chillies
2 tbsp finely chopped coriander and green chilli’s.
YELLOW DHOKLA RECEIPE METHOD:
- Combine the besan, semolina, sugar, ginger-green chilli paste, lemon juice and salt with approx. ¾ cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well using a whisk to get a smooth batter.
- Just before steaming, add Eno and mix lightly.
- Pour the mixture immediately in thali and spread evenly by rotating the thali clockwise.
- Steam in a steamer for 10 to 12 minutes or till the dhoklas are cooked and keep it aside.
- Heat the oil in a small non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the sesame seeds, asafoetida, curry leaves and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds
- Remove from the flame, add ½ cup of water and wait for 5 minutes or till the water is absorbed completely.
- Pour the tempering over the prepared dhoklas and spread it evenly.
- Cut into pieces, garnish with coriander and serve immediately with green chutney.
- You can have hot yellow dhokla with tomato sauce incase if you don’t have green chutney