SERVES: 10 puries TIME: 30 Minutes
CRISPY MASALA PURI INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp sesame seed
- 1 1/2 tbsp oil
- Salt for tast
- 3/4 cup Water
- Oil for deep frying
CRISPY MASALA PURI METHOD:
- Take whole wheat flour in a bowl.
- Add all dry spices and salt, sesame seeds and add them in the flour.
- Add warm oil .
- Mix well. Rub the flour between your palms properly.
- Knead a tight dough using water. Add water step by step and knead well for 4 minutes.
- Keep it aside for 20 minutes.
- Divide the masala puri dough into 10 equal parts.
- Roll the puri into circle.
- Pork them using knife.
- Heat the oil in a deep kadai.
- Flip them in between for some time.
- When it starts to get fried brown color on crust take it out.
- Store them into air tight container.
- Enjoy this crispy masala puri with tea or coffee.
- Do not roll the puries thin. If they are thin then it will get hard.
- For crispy and flaky puri , puri should be enough thick