SERVES: 6 TIME: 40 Minutes
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 3/4 tbsp ghee
- 3 1/2 cup maida
- a pinch of salt
- ghee for deep-frying
SHANKARPALI RECEIPE METHOD:
- Combine the milk, sugar and ghee in a non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2.5 minutes or till the sugar dissolves, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside to cool.
- Sieve maida and pinch of salt together in a bowl with the help of a strainer.
- Add the milk-sugar mixture, a little at a time and knead into a firm dough.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions.
- Roll out a portion in a circle.
- Cut it in diamond shaped pieces and prick each diamond.
- Heat the ghee in a non-stick kadhai and deep-fry the shankarpali, a few at a time on a slow flame till they are golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Cool completely and store in an air-tight container.
- For Shankarpali’s to last long, you can use warm water instead of milk