SERVES: 4 people TIME: 40 Minutes
PANEER MAKHANI INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced onions
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts
- 4 whole dry kashmiri red chillies, broken into pieces
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- 4 cinnamon
- 3 cloves
- 2 cardamoms
- 2 bayleaves
- 1 tbsp dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi)
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 cup tomato puree
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh curd
- 1 tsp sugar
- 4 tbsp fresh cream
- 2 cups paneer strips
- Use chopped coriander leaves
PANEER MAKHANI RECEIPE METHOD:
- Combine all the GRAVY ingredients along with 1½ cups of water in a kadhai and boil on a high flame for 10 to 15 minutes or till the tomatoes are soft, while stirring occasionally.
- Cool and blend in a mixer to a smooth mixture and keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a kadhai and add the garlic paste and saute on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and bayleaves and then saute on a medium flame for a few more seconds.
- Than add the dried fenugreek leaves, garam masala, tomato puree, above prepared gravy and salt.
- Now mix gently and cook on a medium flame for another 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously (don’t forget to stir continuously).
- Than, add the curds, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 more minute.
- Now add sugar, ¼ cup of water, paneer and cream, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 2 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with chopped coriander leaves.
- You can use 2 tbsp fresh cream for garnishing.