SERVES: 4 people TIME: 20 Minutes
YELLOW DHOKLA INGREDIENTS:
- 1 1/2 cups besan (gram flour)
- 1 1/2 tbsp semolina (rava)
- 4 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp ginger-green chilli paste
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Eno
- 3 tsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- A pinch of asafoetida
- 2 to 3 curry leaves
- 1 tsp chopped green chillies
2 tbsp finely chopped coriander and green chilli’s.
For Serving chutney
YELLOW DHOKLA RECEIPE METHOD:
- Combine the besan, semolina, sugar, ginger-green chilli paste, lemon juice and salt with approx. ¾ cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well using a whisk to get a smooth batter.
- Just before steaming, add Eno and mix lightly.
- Pour the mixture immediately in thali and spread evenly by rotating the thali clockwise.
- Steam in a steamer for 10 to 12 minutes or till the dhoklas are cooked and keep it aside.
- Heat the oil in a small non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the sesame seeds, asafoetida, curry leaves and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds
- Remove from the flame, add ½ cup of water and wait for 5 minutes or till the water is absorbed completely.
- Pour the tempering over the prepared dhoklas and spread it evenly.
- Cut into pieces, garnish with coriander and serve immediately with green chutney.
- You can have hot yellow dhokla with tomato sauce incase if you don’t have green chutney