SERVES: 4 people TIME: 20 Minutes
KOTHIMBIR VADI INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cups besan
- 2 cups chopped coriander leaves
- 1 ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 8 garlic pods
- 1 inch garlic
- 6-8 green chillies
- Oil for frying
- Salt as per taste
For Serving chutney
KOTHIMBIR VADI RECEIPE METHOD:
- Wash the coriander leaves then chop and keep them aside.
- Make a paste of ginger, garlic and chillies.
- In a bowl mix besan, rice flour and salt with water.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add cumin seeds, turmeric powder and ginger garlic chilli paste.
- Stir and add chopped coriander leaves.
- Sauté it for a minute.
- Add besan mixture and stir continuously. Stir until mixture becomes thick.
- Turn off the heat.
- On a silver foil, spread the besan coriander leaves mixture.
- Spread mixture evenly and pat with fingers.
- Let it cool down and cut into square shaped pieces.
- Now again heat oil in a pan and shallow fry the kothimbir vadi till crisp.
- Serve it hot with green chutney.
- You can have hot Kothimbir vadi with tomato sauce or green chutney