SERVES: 11 TO 12 theplas TIME: 60 Minutes
METHI THEPLAS INGREDIENTS:
(measuring cup used, 1 cup = 250 ml)
- 1 cup methi leaves/fenugreek leaves, tightly packed
- 3 cups whole wheat flour/atta
- ½ tsp red chili powder/lal mirch powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder/haldi
- ½ tsp cumin powder/jeera
- ½ tsp coriander powder/dhania powder
- ¾ tsp salt or add as required
- 1 tbsp oil
- 4 to 5 tbsp yogurt/dahi or water for kneading or add as required
- Ghee for roasting theplas, as required
- Rinse 1 cup methi leaves very well in water, then drain them and chop finely and keep them aside.
- In a mixing bowl, take 3 cups whole wheat flour.
- Add all the spices and herbs.
- Add the chopped methi leaves.
- Mix everything well.
- Add curd (for a vegan option add very little water instead of curd).
- Mix again and knead into a dough and don’t add water while kneading as methi leaves release water.
- Knead the dough very well and add more curd if required while kneading.
- Make medium sized balls from the dough.
- Take a medium sized ball and sprinkle some flour on it.
- With the rolling pin begin to roll the thepla.
- Roll the thepla to a round of about 5-6 inches in diameter.
- On a hot tawa place the thepla and flip when one side is partly cooked.
- Spread ghee on this side and then flip the thepla again.
- Now spread the ghee on this side and flip a couple of times till you get golden spots and the methi thepla is cooked evenly.
- Serve methi thepla with plain yogurt or pickle.
- Instead of water you can also add curd. For frying instead of ghee you can use oil if you want.
- I have prepared using whole wheat flour. You can add gram flour / millet flour if you want.
With a hectic day of outing so thought to make easy n quick #methithepla Music and Video credit hubby Recipe link in profile 👆 #theplas #veggies #delicious #tasty #yummy #tastyfood #like4like #l4l #yummyformytummy #foodphotography #inmykitchen #indiancooking #instafoodie #instafoods #foodporn #foodlovers #foodiebloggers #foodieblog #instalovers #foodicted #f4f #instagramers #insta #instagram #instagood #veg #vegetarian #dinner